Lauren E. Whiteaker, DNP, CPNP, Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner-Primary Care, Division of Genetics, Birth Defects & Metabolism, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. Read Ms. Whiteaker's profile.
Disclosure: Ms. Whiteaker has no industry relationships to disclose and does not refer to products that are still investigational or not labeled for the use in discussion
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
Identify disorders that have been recently added to the Illinois newborn screening panel.
Describe the general pathophysiology of lysosomal storage disorders and identify signs and symptoms associated with select disorders.
Provide accurate information to parents of an infant with abnormal newborn screen results for a lysosomal storage disorder, including anticipated diagnostic testing and necessary follow-up.
Release Date: 7/18/2016
CME quiz must be taken before 7/18/2017 to receive credit.
Accreditation & Credit Statements
Accreditation Statement: The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement: The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Office and Review Committee Disclosures
- John X. Thomas, Jr., PhD, Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine has nothing to disclose.
- Clara Schroedl, MD, CME Director at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine has nothing to disclose.
- Sheryl Corey, MBA, CME Manager at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine has nothing to disclose.
- Jennifer Banys, CME Program Administrator at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine has nothing to disclose.
- Michelle Mallery Piposar, CME Program Administrator at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine has nothing to disclose.
Course Director’s and Planning Committee Members Disclosure Information:
- Mary Nevin, MD, Director of CME at Lurie Children’s has nothing to disclose.
- Vita Lerman, Editor, The Child’s Doctor, and Publications Manager, Public Affairs, at Lurie Children’s has nothing to disclose.
To contact the FSM CME office, please call 312.503.8533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the course director and planning group at Lurie Children’s, please call 312.227.4263 or email email@example.com
How to Earn Credit
- Click on the green "View Online" in the right-hand column (you will be prompted to log in)
- Next, click on the "Start" or "View Now" button to view/read the article.
- Once you have read the article, "X" out of the window to return to this page.
- Click on the blue "Submit for Credit" button.
- Complete the evaluation and quiz.